Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lens review: Princess Pinky Eclipse Gray

The Princess Pinky Eclipse series is new on PinkyParadise so I was curious about them. They're supposed to give you huge eyes for a cute effect.As the title says, I'm reviewing the Gray ones

Photographer: Valkoinen Samurai.

Contacts in the case. Suspiciously transparent... Do they really do anything?
One lens in.
Both. I'm indoors, close to the window.
Bad indoors light.
Close to the window again.
Window.
Window.
I was worried that contacts this big would only look good on brown/dark eyes. I also feared that they would give me a case of freaky eyes but it doesn't seem to be the case.
I must say that they're among the most comfortable contacts I have ever worn. Since the transparent hole in the middle is very big, they don't hinder my vision at all. I basically put them on and then forget about them. I could also wear them for the whole day without problems.
As expected, the enlarging effect is very noticeable. It's impressive with proper make-up and false eyelashes, but the contacts alone without any make-up or falsies look weird. I would say the Princess Pinky Eclipse are perfect for cute and doll-ish styles and cosplay.

 New pics

30th of November 2014 I was about to throw away the Eclipse Gray because they had lost a lot on comfort. Last time I wore them it felt like they dried out fast and I took this as a sign: time to throw them away
Before I threw them, Shiro Samurai (aka Valkoinen Samurai) convinced me to get more pics of them.

Photographer: Shiro Samurai.

Taken outdoors, facing the light on a snowy day.
Same as above, taken with the flash.
Outdoors, turning my back to the light.
Outdoors, on the "shadow" side of the building.
Distance pic.
Even more distance.
We went back inside and it was some relief because I was cold. I consider myself lucky though because it was around 0°C. Think that it can get to -30°C here...

Yellow light indoors.
White-ish light in the corridor.
Of course, pics are unedited to show true colors!
In short :

Color: 8/10
They're obviously gray but fairly light. It's a pretty color.
Design: 8/10
Simple but pretty.
Opacity: 8/10
Much more opaque than they look. Gives a nice "halo" effect where your natural iris ends.
Enlargement: 10/10
They're simply huge!
Comfort: 8/10
They are comfy but they move quite much in my eyes (like every second time when I blink) so it can be slightly annoying...
Naturalness: 3/10
Only the color is natural.

 Check out the reviews for the Brown lenses of the same series!

1 comment:

  1. HNNG these look so good on you! <3 So cute!
    I can't wait to see what the blue ones will look like on your eyes!

    ReplyDelete